Conversion pieces ?

Guys I am wondering what you have all used for fastening the trigger guard back onto the receiver. I know on the Sheik's site he used either 6-32 or 8-32 screws but is there anything you guys have found to be a better option? I am very close to starting mine, as all I need is the G2 FCG from Dinzag. I even went to Harbor freight to day and bought a bench top drill press to help with the conversion. I have a Tapco folding stock, Tapco saw PG, Master Molder 30 rd. mags, the cheap vertical front grip and rail and i have cut down the front handguard and vented it. I ordered the G2 FCG from Dinzag. Can you guys think of anything else I need ? Also on the Sheiks' site he installed those binding post in place of the rivets for the old FCG, is this necessary with the G2? I told you guys I would have some questions when the time came, thanks theDuke.

A shepards crook. It's the easiest way to keep the FCG pins in place. Maybe overpriced to some, but well worth the $11 to me.

As for the trigger guard. I just rummaged through a friends "bin of left over bolts/screws/nuts" and found the size I needed (but I don't know what size it was). For the front part of the trigger guard, just slide it under the mag catch, that's what a lot of people do, and it won't move, trust me.

ETA: Just saw your other question; The binding posts aren't needed. Most likely, Dinzag will throw in some look-a-like rivet heads that pop into place, and cover the holes. They perfectly match the real heads that are already on the Saiga. He usually throws a couple into the box of stuff you order, so hopefully he still has some and will include them with your G2.

Edited by 22_Shooter

So the sheperds crook would be more desireable than the e-clips that Dinzag sends with the FCG? Thanks for the info, I can't wait for the FCG to get here as i want to get going and get it done. theDuke

I just used a screw and nut combo to hold my guard in place. It doesn't matter which way you put it in, as you PG will cover it up. On my rifle, the nut is on the outside of the receiver...it was easier to do it that way. I threw some lock-tite on in, screw it on as good as I could and the dremeled and filed the screw to be flush with the nut.

+1 on what 22shooter says about not needing a screw for the front. My guard hasn't moved on bit.

Have fun with your conversion!

Cool thanks guys for the replies, looks like I'm all set to go then :super: . I am impatiently waiting, I thought about tearing it down now so when the FCG does come in I can just reassemble it but if I do that it means I can't fire it in the mean time. Thanks again, theDuke.

No screw in teh front of mine either................Didn't want to risk "screwing" up teh mag catch.

It's tight enough. I'd hang from a building on it!

( After drilling/grinding that weld out......thats one tough piece of &^%$%$ metal!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got my G2 FCG so I tore into it and have gotten this far: post-10834-1211591309_thumb.jpg post-10834-1211591360_thumb.jpg post-10834-1211591403_thumb.jpg Now I just need to make up my mind on which optics to get. I'm seriously considering the Kobra EKP-8-02. Geeeeesshhh will I ever be really done? theDuke.