Flashlight rail under gas block?

The top gun in your photos is mine The Galil. It isn't bolt on I removed the gas block machined the forend lug off, drilled and tapped 2 new holes in it. The rail holds the forend retainer. It could be done as a bolt on to retain a modified AK forend but I didn't do it that way. The AK forend has to be modified anyway. I wanted the light as close to the barrel as possible. I'm surprised Dinzag hasn't started making these yet. The problem may be that you have to machine the forend retainer to slide on from the bottom. Then put a block on the bottom of the barrel to keep the forend from sliding up and down. It could be done and the block could be glued into a modified AK handguard or maybe a polyurethane plug to keep the forend from moving and to allow the rail to be screwed down tight. If someone makes these they probably wouldn't be cheap the rail material is expensive and you only get 2 out of a $30 piece of rail then lots of machine work. If there is enough interest I might make a few up, but like I said it wont be cheap.

Richard