There is a gun Show in Charlotte the we of 5/31 and I plan on going. Don't know who is putting it on just heard about it the other day.

My question is this. Having never been to a gun show are there normally dealers there selling bulk ammo at close to online prices?

Just wondering so know how much of the green fun tickets I need to have on hand. :devil:

There is a gun Show in Charlotte the we of 5/31 and I plan on going. Don't know who is putting it on just heard about it the other day.

My question is this. Having never been to a gun show are there normally dealers there selling bulk ammo at close to online prices?

Just wondering so know how much of the green fun tickets I need to have on hand. :devil:

Every gunshow I've been to in NC has been full of overpriced and knockoff vendors selling china airsoft junk as genuine brand.

I also notice when a "Show" comes to town all the local shops and gun stores sell out of a lot of stuff a couple days before the start of the show.

However if your looking for odds and ends stuff you might have some luck.

There is always the freak chance though.

that's probably the dixie classic gun show. i went to the last one, and it wasn't bad. no saigas that I saw, lots of AR's, and yes, bulk ammo, and some junk as well. go! you'll enjoy it..... my wife says i'm like a kid in a candy store when we go, but last time, she was the only one who bought anything. she got a Walther pistol and a tazer.

Enjoy!!

I have only been to a few gunshows in NC but most are the same vendors you see in GA and SC. I have usually beat Internet prices, specially if you consider shipping. It is a buyers market, if two vendors have the same item, they know that the customer is going to buy the cheapest of the two.

KrisFox, by your statement, "I also notice when a "Show" comes to town all the local shops and gun stores sell out of a lot of stuff a couple days before the start of the show," are you suggesting that out of town vendors come to your town and buy from the local shops to attempt to resell at the show?

If so, that is absurd, they haul merchandise in from their own shops, consignment sales and in some cases, manufacturers.

If not, what do you mean?

Edited by Azrial

I go to the dixie gun and knife classic almost everytime its in charlotte and a few times in raleigh and i would say the best booth there is Scott with DPH arms. Thats where i got my cheapo WASR AK and my Saiga 12 which has led to me coming to this site and finding out how to sink more money into it, lol. I think back in march i got 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $180 which is def. not the cheapest they have been but was pretty damn good compared to everyone else. You just have to look every booth over and kinda compare. I have actually taken a little note pad and written down everyones ammo price or price of a gun that i was looking for, compare to some research online, and most of the time i can find a pretty good deal.

Went down to the show today.... Let's just say it was a learning experience.

Ammo prices near the main entrance were a good bit higher than prices in the other building.

1000 rnds of X39 wolf or golden tiger FMJ or hollow point for $189 or 300 rnd cans of wolf for $80 and no discount for buying in higher quantities. :huh: Let's just say that wasn't a hard decision. Just wish i would have brought more money.

hay knutz, did you see any saigas there? I didn't make it, but at the last one, very few AKs and no Saigas. A whole lot of ARs. Any good stuff that caught you eye????

The only saigas I saw were a couple of unconverted x39s. Prices were on the high side if you ask me. They were asking anywhere from $400-$430. Hell my local pawn/gun shop still had a couple of x39s and few 223s the last time I was in there and they weren't that much. The x39s NIB box were right at $300. A few MaK or Mac 90s and that's about it for AK or Ak variants as far as i could see. Plenty of ARs like you said. And plenty of older war rifles. Didn't look at them too close they just don't do anything for me.

Saw waht appeared to me to be some decent deals on gear and optics and add ons for your guns. Course I'm sure most of the prices could be beat by shopping on the net though.

going back today with the Father-in-law to get some reloading supplies and maybe him a pistol or two.