one more question

i have a new saiga 109 was looking over the sight very cool. some say there saiga shoots what ever they put thriugh it. wondering, is that after somekind of mod or after a 100+ rounds?i have a bunch of #8 2 3/4 winchester super speed ammo none of it will cycle with it on setting 1 or 2 although on #2 set the rounds willjam with the empty case held up on the feed ramp.however my s@b 00buck 3" ammo feeds perfect and will throw the case about ten feet.but i dont have much of it.any advice would be appreciated. thanks again bob

From my forum experience the answer to your question has always been that these weapons do not cycle reliably with less powerful ammunition until after the action is sufficiently "broken in" by using stronger ammunition. Some members here actually wont purchase ammunition unless it has a certain amount of "boom" in it and still others weapons will eat any shell fed to them out of the box like you said. What you need to do is break in the weapon with some stronger shells until it chews up the #8s you have like a champ. Also remember setting 1 is for high powered shells and 2 is for the light stuff only. If you shoot heavy shells on gas setting 2 it wears out your weapon faster. Welcome to the forums and good luck.

Edited by Azkamidaka
From my forum experience the answer to your question has always been that these weapons do not cycle reliably with less powerful ammunition until after the action is sufficiently "broken in" by using stronger ammunition. Some members here actually wont purchase ammunition unless it has a certain amount of "boom" in it and still others weapons will eat any shell fed to them out of the box like you said. What you need to do is break in the weapon with some stronger shells until it chews up the #8s you have like a champ. Also remember setting 1 is for high powered shells and 2 is for the light stuff only. If you shoot heavy shells on gas setting 2 it wears out your weapon faster. Welcome to the forums and good luck.

thanks. i was uncertain of the settings,new weapon just being impatiant!just ready to have fun now! i had read that on other post and searched them for the answer just had to ask to be sure lol Thanks again Bob