Ball End Charging Lever

All the Galil's I've ever seen have had the knurled cone shaped knob?? Is the ball your talking about like something on the Micro's or FAL? I've been interested in doing something like that as it seems a bit larger to grab than the AK, and most of the add on "Galil Style" handles look kind of add on as compared to the real Galil bolt carrier unit. Functionally I'm sure they're pretty much the same.

All the Galil's I've ever seen have had the knurled cone shaped knob?? Is the ball your talking about like something on the Micro's or FAL? I've been interested in doing something like that as it seems a bit larger to grab than the AK, and most of the add on "Galil Style" handles look kind of add on as compared to the real Galil bolt carrier unit. Functionally I'm sure they're pretty much the same.

I was thinking of just a ball on the end like you see on bolt action rifles. maybe obtain a ball about 1/2 in or less mill down maybe the last 1/4 in. of the existing lever to a rectangular tab milling a matching hole in the ball with an interference fit slot, pressing/brazing the ball onto the tab. I think just lopping off the existing lever and welding a different piece of lever onto the stub isn't the way to go.