i think the 50 million to 1 number is made up .. besides string theory is crap. And black holes are created by stars becuase of thier mass and the fact they are no longer exerting radiation radiation doesnt follow normal atom structure but has mass none the less and exudes force. I follow the belief are that radiation is the great equalizer to gravityand outward exuding force from the sun ...einstein touched on this but was very vague.... though gamma rays are even shorter wave lengths and travel faster than visible light... we have found that gamma burst from dying stars effect our transmissions... even our tides though they exude significant force from as far away 25000 light years away. so anyway immense gravity and then removal of all significant forms of radiation is what cuases the planets to be sucked into the black holes

so i dont see a global catastrophe as a possibility but theoretical physics is more imagination than fact and i have a pretty vivid morbid imagination.

If these jerk-offs did miscalculate and lets say create a black hole, it would be quick, so quick you wouldn't feel a thing.

Actually a black hole would be an agonizingly slow way to go... as you crossed the event horizon, you would stretch towards the singularity... it would also start pulling you faster than the speed of light, and due to relativity would take unimaginably LONG for you to actually reach the center...

:smoke:

Yeah, but what a ride! :super: