US made floor plates for 7.62X39 Saiga magazine

Any US made 7.62 floorplate should work, no? I don't think it has to be saiga-specific.

EDIT: On a second tought this probably doesn't help you at all. nevermind. I tried googling the US, Compliance, floorplate, ak, and magazine keywords for a few minutes in several combinations, didn't come up with anything useful.

Edited by Agias

The saiga magazines have a polymer body with a metal floor plate. Regular metal floor plates made for metal magazines don't have a large enough slot to go on polymer magazines. What I'm really looking for is metal floor plates that will go on a polymer magazine. The way the factory saiga magazine is.

Polymer floor plates will work fine on a saiga magazine. I have a couple US made ones I'd like to trade.

There are plenty of US made 7.62 polymer mags, like master molder and promag, how do you feel about getting a few cheap promags and salvaging the floorplates? But if you go that far you might aswell buy full US made mags. Master molders(i think) work without a bullet guide on a saiga.

You guys are missing the point completely.

The standard 10 round Saiga magazine doesn't need any compliance parts because while you are using it, you are being "sporting".

Only rifle magazines of 11 rounds or over (non sporting mags) need compliance parts.

You guys are missing the point completely.

The standard 10 round Saiga magazine doesn't need any compliance parts because while you are using it, you are being "sporting".

Only rifle magazines of 11 rounds or over (non sporting mags) need compliance parts.

But if his rifle isn't compliant by itself, the floorplates still count, don't they?

Edited by Agias

Let me try and clear this is. I already have US made polymer floor plates which fit standard polymer magazines. What I'm looking for is steel floor plates that will fit on polymer magazines. I do not want to use polymer floor plates. I can't use regular steel floor plates either. They've got to be made out of metal and be able to fit the bottom of a factory saiga magazine.

Let me try and clear this is. I already have US made polymer floor plates which fit standard polymer magazines. What I'm looking for is steel floor plates that will fit on polymer magazines. I do not want to use polymer floor plates. I can't use regular steel floor plates either. They've got to be made out of metal and be able to fit the bottom of a factory saiga magazine.

Why is that so important to you? I suggest making your own then, shouldn't be too hard even only with a dremel and hammer. If you have money to burn and they fit, you could get some off the bakelite 30 rounder AKM mags?

Edited by Agias

I recently made some 15 round magazines for myself out of 30 round pro mags. In that process I had to cut grooves in the magazine body to hold the floor plate on. The thing is, the polymer floor plate is a little too loose for my taste. I tried my metal floor plate from my saiga magazine and it fit them all great. Seeing as it's metal I was also able to bend them a little to compensate for my less than perfect cuts. I'm just trying to get my custom made magazines in order.

BTW. I looked at some pictures and it looks like Bulgarian waffle patern magazines also use a metal floor plate like a saiga.

But if his rifle isn't compliant by itself, the floorplates still count, don't they?

Short answer: mag floorplates are a countable item toward 922r compliance.

If you use US made Monte Carlo furnitue on your factory Saiga rifle, you do not have to add more compliant parts, because you are replacing a 'sporting' part.

If you use a US made gas piston in your factory Saiga rifle, you do not have to add more compliant parts, because there is no such thing as a 'nonsporting' gas piston.

It is when you insert a magazine over 11 rounds that you need to comply with the 922r laws. If you have have a factory Saiga rifle, you can convert the mag well to accept 10 round Chinese, Romanian, etc magazines and be legal w/o any 922r parts.

It is when you insert the 'nonsporting' magazine that you need them.

BTW. I looked at some pictures and it looks like Bulgarian waffle patern magazines also use a metal floor plate like a saiga.
They do.