DIY bullet guide...

i used the search button to try and find the DIY bullet guide and now i have a headache. can someone tell me the dimensions of the tubing, the size and thread of the screw and bit that are needed. i want to try and do this myself but cant find the threads. iv decided to keep my Saiga 7.62 looking like a Saiga 7.62 since i can build my kits into whatever variant i want...thanks...

Guide: 1" steel pipe nipple, cut in half lengthwise and trimmed/notched to fit.

Screw: #6-40 (or the coarse thread version, #6-32) flat head, stainless steel, about 3/8 long. I think you get one more thread using the fine screw.

Dont forget to use RED Loctite if you want the screw to be permanent. Some folks put a nut on the underside of the trunnion on the screw. I tried this but couldnt get the nut on. Just used red loctite.

If you screw up the hole (take your time, you'll be fine) you could drill it out and possibly go to a #8 screw.

Hope this helps.

I just installed my bullet guide this weekend to the above specs but I am having trouble getting the rifle to function well. At first the bolt was hanging up on the guide, so I filed it down a bit. Then, the bolt was hanging up on the top of the flat, countersunk screw. I filed that down flush and the bolt proceeded to close and seat against the chamber properly.

Now, the problem I am running into is the bullet guide is ripping up//denting the ammo cases as it goes to chamber...guess I need to "soften" up the front of the guide with a little beveled edge to get flawless function.

Honestly though, after all the time I spent tinkering with this I would def buy one of Dinzag's next time....plug and play!

I also had trouble with my bullet guide and had to use my Dremel to grind the interference with the bolt so it would close smoothly. I used a real AK bullet guide.

Can the bullet guide cause affect accuracy? Now the rifle seems to be shooting higher.

I also had trouble with my bullet guide and had to use my Dremel to grind the interference with the bolt so it would close smoothly. I used a real AK bullet guide.

Can the bullet guide cause affect accuracy? Now the rifle seems to be shooting higher.

I would think that the only way a bullet guide would affect accuracy would be if the bullet itself was impacting the guide at such a way that it would dent or distort the shape of the bullet which would change the flow of air over it, or the fore-aft weight balance.

LOL, 3/4 black iron pipe, guide about 1/2 long like that you can use AK mags ,Saiga and anything else,

use 8-32 screw , nice bevel on the end about 45 degrease, a nice countersink hole for the

screw on the guide, how hard is that to do? I mean guides for the 7.62x39 are the easies to do

you guys make it sound like rocket science.

The only way will affect accuracy is if your bullets are deforming as they feed

cause bullet tips and cases are hitting some part of the guide were the guide

has a sharp side or guide have been grind to much and at some point the bullet tips

hit part of the mount of the chamber as it feeds, causing the bullet be push back into

case just enough to cause accuracy problems, the gun still feeds but you will have some

problems with accuracy on the gun.

The bullet guide is beveled since it's an AK feed ramp. I'll check the rounds next time I go to the range to see if the bullets are getting deformed otherwise I'll check the sights with a laser sighting tool if I find someone who has one.

Thanks for the feedback on the accuracy problem.