I need to order an ACE folding mechanism to use with a Tromix stock on an AK. I don't have experience with the ACE folders, should I spend the extra $ for the one with the push button or not?

YES! the manual ones can be awful tight and hard to unlock.

I need to order an ACE folding mechanism to use with a Tromix stock on an AK. I don't have experience with the ACE folders, should I spend the extra $ for the one with the push button or not?

YES! the manual ones can be awful tight and hard to unlock.

The same can be said about the pushbutton ones.
It works fine without the push button, you use the top of your leg or something to push on to release the springs,..no fiddling looking for a button,..
What Gas Giant means to say: It is a very nice copy of the Galil folding mechanism.
Nah, it has a very positive lock open. The closed lock too. You must manipulate it in a way that seems to be very unlikely to do accidentally but very natural to do consciously.

Thanks for the replys. I'll give the one without the push button a try. I'm just used to the push buttons on my krinks.