Best Price on a .223

so where is it? iv decided to scratch another S12 in favor of a S223 since i don't own one. id LIKE to get a 22" barrel if i can and turn it into my 100 yard tack driver. that way ill have my bases covered... :smoke:

S12- 25 yards or less

S7.62- 50-100 yards

S223- 100 yards

S308- 100 yards+

so where is it? iv decided to scratch another S12 in favor of a S223 since i don't own one. id LIKE to get a 22" barrel if i can and turn it into my 100 yard tack driver. that way ill have my bases covered... :smoke:

S12- 25 yards or less

S7.62- 50-100 yards

S223- 100 yards

S308- 100 yards+

Yeah, Go with a New .223 instead of anotherS-12. Good Choice. It's a 'Tack Driver' for me at 50 yds. (follow my 'Break-In' Proceedure: Break-In Proceedure) Haven't tried it at 100 yds. yet, but with a scope I'm betting she'll do 2 MOA) I have the 16" BBL, The 21" should Increase the FPS, but I'm not so sure on increasing the accuracy due to Barrel Whip.

Only one local store where I'm at carry's them, and the .223 only in 16" priced at $349 or $399 for the 7.62 with the skeleton stock.

I have the .223, have put about 1000 rds thru it, never a malfunction. Have put a skeleton stock on it to get the comb up for a Tasco Tru Point dot on a quick release mount. It will keep most shots in 2 to 21/2 inches at 100yds. I have AK's, Ar's, and SKS's and like my Saiga as well as any of them.

Please don't misunderstand me but my 22" Saiga .223 is not a tack driver. It is a great reliable weapon but is not sub MOA (which I consider to be a "tack driver") on a regular basis. I would not trade it from my small gun collection but it is not my gun of choice for accuracy. You can do much better with a bolt action for near the same price.

Edited by pogy

I'm just on a quest to get all the Saigas...I'm half way there excluding the new Biathlons and the 30-06. I have 3 of them right now...need to add the S20 S410 and the S223...then i will be happy with my complete collection!!! i KNOW i could get an AR or a bolt action...but I'm an AK man threw and threw. how could i look at myself in the mirror if i did something like that?! I'm sure if i tried hard enough and learned how to shoot ANY rifle i could turn it into a tack driver...its all about the shooter man...