Steel Mags for a .223

Hello,

I recently was in an E-bay bidding war for ...

Steel...10Rnd Magazines... That fit a Saiga .223

Not Converted..... No conversions on the Gun Itself.

The Mags are garunteed to fit...

I like the Idea of Steel Magazines for My Saiga...

and i Would love to get a hold of some..... I want to know if they sell these

types RETAIL anywhere...?????

Any Help would be wonderfull

They may fit, but will they work, and for how long? I have seen posts of people attepting to make AK mags work, but they all broke after 50-100 rounds. No one is making them for retail sale that I have heard or seen. EAA said they were going to get some, but thats highly unlikely with the current situation. How much did the mag sell for, and do you have an EBAY Item #?

• 2 weeks later...

E-Bay Item number: 7128044371

10 round magazines for Saiga .223 REM carbine, double stack, blued steel, much stronger than the original polymer magazines. These magazines are converted from factory AK -47 magazines made specifically the .223 Remington caliber. Each magazine is tested for fit and function in a stock Saiga carbine and is guaranteed to operate flawlessly in your gun or your money back.

You probably know already that 10 rd. plastic magazines sell on line for a minimum of $24.99 each plus $9.99 shipping, so BUY NOW A STEEL MAGAZINE for only $17 (two for $16.50 each, three for $16.00 each, quantity discount will be ajusted on the invoice). Insured UPS shipping to the contiguous US is only $5.00 for up to 3 magazines!!! Satisfaction guaranteed: Test fire the magazines and if not completely satisfied, return them within 7 days of receipt for exhange or refund.

I saw that myself.... Looks like the cheap/basic 10 round AK mags, to me...

They probably did a 30 second dremel work to it, to get it to cycle in a gun, and said good enough... like Ebay posts blisteringly obvious...CAVEAT EMPTOR!

I would be leery of those magazines myself... they MIGHT work, but chances are you will need to mess with them some more.. and perhaps install a feedramp to get them to work *RIGHT* all the time....

Just my 2 cents...

:smoke:

• 2 years later...
I saw that myself.... Looks like the cheap/basic 10 round AK mags, to me...

They probably did a 30 second dremel work to it, to get it to cycle in a gun, and said good enough... like Ebay posts blisteringly obvious...CAVEAT EMPTOR!

I would be leery of those magazines myself... they MIGHT work, but chances are you will need to mess with them some more.. and perhaps install a feedramp to get them to work *RIGHT* all the time....

Just my 2 cents...

:smoke:

Hey! I'd like to add my two cents and see if anyone ouyt there has an answer or a suggestion....From all I have read on the forum, I thought it was possible to convert/mod an AK74 5.56 mag to fit the Saiga .223 WITHOUT messing with a bullet ramp or drilling the metal of the gun. I have gotten the Bulgy circle 21 mags and have dremeled them so they lock up, but after days and days, I cannot get the bullet tips to feed high enough to made the chamber opening. Now I have lotsa squashed .223 bullets.....

ANYONE---is it possible to make these da-n mags work without a bullet ramp and without changing out the follower??? Am I scrod (skruuued?). Appreciate DETAILS as I'm firearm challenged at this early point.

Thankee muchly folks....DOC

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was wondering if the 5.45x39 mags would hold .223 shells.

Do they?

I will install a feed ramp in my .223 Saiga if the 5.45 mags will work.

Those things are going for $5.

Can't beat it.

Thanks

Never mind.

I found the instructions to modify them so they will work.

Edited by hoser4963