Just got my new v21!

I have been visiting the site for a while, but didn't have anything to say until now, and I can't think of any questions to ask(thanks to the search feature). I just picked up my Saiga this morning and it is a good looking rifle. The main reason I bought it was because of the great looking furniture. I think if my dealer only had one with the black plastic I wouldn't of even considered it. The other reason is because it is an AK. I have owned 2 previous AK variants a Norinco and a Wasr-10, and know how well they perform. I wanted a larger rifle and know the .308 is an awesome round. I plan on scoping it, probably the posp, and mabye a bypod. Anyway I just wanted to say hi.

Well... It didn't shoot worth a damn. I drove to the range about 40 mins away, and every other round failed to eject. The extractor wouldn't grab the round and it would jam a new round in the receiver. I was rather dissapointed. I figured it was the ammo. New Monarch brass cased 150 gr soft tip. I messed with it for about an hour and came home. I stopped at the pawn shop on my way and picked up a box of Federal Powershok 150 gr and fired 10 rounds into a round bale as fast as I could. No problems whatsoever. So mabye lext weekend I will be able to see what I can do at the range.