I like to play with some nice software that I make 3d objects with, then render... Wondered if anyone else does similar...

Here are some of the pics I have made... mind you... these are images of a full 3d object. These objects can be rotated and viewed from any angle, and retain full detail from any direction. Each stripe, each piece is a complete object that was created, placed, and colored... some of these images have dozens of hours of work into them... :up:

:smoke:

xwing1big2.jpg

xwing2.jpg

tiefighter.jpg

tievsxwing1.jpg

venom1.jpg

venommissileshot2.jpg

mantismissileshot2b.jpg

mantiswatergroupbig.jpg

venommissileshot4.jpg

mantismissilegroup1.jpg

Those were made using Bryce5...

I have used that since Version 2... and 5 is even better than the rest... :up: Although still as easy to work with once you get the hang of it... The ass kicker with Bryce is learning to work with absolute values on the keyboard... start an object at world center 0,0,0 - X,Y,Z Coordinates, Then when you get it right, lock it... so it doesn't move a fraction of a point, in some unwanted direction on you, when you click on it again... then when you add on, things can be done easily with a copy and a paste to a negative value, and rotation... That will give great duplication for objects that require bilateral symmetry. I had to give up a lot of mouse work, and move to keyboard value placement, to get a lot better with my detailing. It also helps to have a fast video card when you render some of them... as some reflective values can be quite time consuming. Especially when you render over water, and it wants to render the reflection on all the little waves...

I always render basic works over flat grey or blue... then merge the image to a landscape after the landscape is done... place the object accordingly in the landscape then final render to get a finished image file.

you can create movies with bryce, too... but that takes longer than I want to mess with... but it works awesome if you bother to take the time...

:smoke:

Nice models, Indy! I messed around in rhino3d a few years ago. I was modeling cars for a free racing game using blueprints found on the net. It's a good way to pass time but I usually stopped before adding the textures.