To Tang or not to Tang...

I have a Sagia 12 and if I use the new tangless receiver block from Ace, do you have to remove material from the block to fit it inside the Sagia receiver? If so HOW MUCH? I want the ACE; however, I can't decide between the regular block and the tangless. I like the look of the tangless as the gun looks cleaner. The downside of cutting the tang is that the ACE will be the only stock for the gun.

Give me some input...

TIA

MadDog

I did my S 12 up with the tangless block. It fits well. You only need to take the tang down till flush with rec. It slides right in. It secures with one screw in the trunion and clamps down above the PG with the T- nut and PG screw. I drilled and tapped the block to fill in the old trigger linkage holes with button head cap screws, since it seemed like a good Idea at the time. Plus the extra reinfocement does'nt hurt, especially on the 12 guage. The Ace folder looks really good, but it is damn expensive. Allready had the stock and an old style block from an ages ago project so I only needed the folding mech. and the new block.

The Ace is the only stock you'll ever need for the gun so "cut the dang tang". Although the Romy side folder is a pretty neat lookin' option too (get an extra 12 for it :rolleyes: --it's only money). Check out some of TOMAC'S posts -- he's got pics.

:smoke:

Oops forgot to add that if you're retaining the stock retaining wire for the FCG you'll need to take a little of the block to clear whatever your using to hold the coiled end, :lolol: in my case a 10-32 button head screw tapped into the rec. (holds really tight even without many threads. It passed the many 3" 00 and slugs test firing. Kicked like a mule but that recoil pad (1/2" one) worked -- no sore shoulder, but I did have a red recoil pad pattern on the shoulder afterwords. The Saiga 12 ROCKS :super::super::super::super::super::super:

Edited by avatar

Absolutely.. CUT THE TANG. I had the old block on mine and ordered the new one. I will be drilling and tapping the block sometime in the next couple of weeks to do what what avatar mentioned - adding button head screws through the old trigger linkage holes for extra stability... not that it needs it.