Conversion at 98% and interesting features found

Well like the title says my conversion is at 98% just waiting on my NATO butt stock to get here from k-var. Here are some pictures of my weapon so far. I haven't put the side mounted scope rail and scope back on it yet but I did custom modify the front hand guard as well as doing the whole trigger relocation and adding a pistol grip. I noticed however that my saiga has the dimples for the magazine and the X and Y on the retainer pins. But it came with the saiga hand guards and the non threaded front sight block. Was wondering if this was normal as I saw a post with some of those features being rare and others standard.

Here are some pics:

dscf0462hd4.th.jpg

dscf0464rt6.th.jpg

dscf0465dj5.th.jpg

You JUST noticed the dimples??? :haha:

It's somewhat rare to have dimples (you don't have the 3rd Y though. It would be right above the mag catch in the last pic). It's more an aesthetic bonus, than anything else. My last Saiga came with dimples, and no 3rd Y, like yours. BTW, all factory Saigas come with those handguards and non-threaded muzzles, regardless of dimple status.

Quick question, did you have to cut your own PG nut hole? Mine, and quite a few others who got dimpled receivers discovered we didn't have the PG nut holes already there like the non-dimpled ones.

Looks good! What color are the PG and handguards? I'm liking it.

Edited by 22_Shooter
what did you use to color the furniture?

I had a pistol grip nut hole however I had to enlarge it to make my nut fit. Took some time with the dremel. The front hand guard is cut. Took me about 2 hours with the dremel tool and those pics don't show it very well.

The paint I used for the furniture is Rust-oleum Textured (fine textured finish) Color code 7223 Sandstone

It's holding up fairly well as I took it out today without the butt stock and fired off a few rounds to make sure the internals all worked well. Butt stock should be here tomorrow or Tues.

Thanks for the complements on the color choice. Can't wait for my butt stock to get here.

That's weird that it had one, but it was sized wrong.

.....I had to enlarge it to make my nut fit.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe if you warmed her up, it would have went easier.

I don't know why but I run into that issue alot :).... I am painting my butt stock that got in today so everything matches and I will be done later tonight. Hopefully I'll have pics for you guys later.

That's weird that it had one, but it was sized wrong.

.....I had to enlarge it to make my nut fit.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe if you warmed her up, it would have went easier.

I don't know why but I run into that issue alot :).... I am painting my butt stock that got in today so everything matches and I will be done later tonight. Hopefully I'll have pics for you guys later.

Can't wait to see the pics. I've thought about doing a really light tan for my furniture, but haven't got around to it yet.