S12 - Anyone use the Tromix DIYS Trigger guard & Ace Internal bloc

Im converting my saiga 12. She's all chopped up at home waiting for the parts which came today and are sitting at my complex office :D. I ordered the Tromix buttstock, ACE stamped internal receiver block, and I used the Tromix do it yourself trigger guard. I just started thinking about it and realized that part of the ACE stamped internal receiver block being secure depends on the pistol grip nut and screw holding it down... which I wont have because the Tromix do it yourself unit is all placed on the outside of the receiver. Anyone have experience with this?

Edited by mike22ca
  • 1 month later...

Well, even if you don't use a second attachment point on the Ace internal block, you will have to cut a clearance groove in the block to clear the last screw and washer, as well as a very small notch for the screw in front of it.

I went a different route. I cut a slot and washer clearance into the block, replaced the Tromix supplied screw with a longer one, and the rearmost screw now also pulls the Ace block from the bottom, like the PG nut would have. Tomorrow at the shop I'll get a pic and post it.

• 3 weeks later...