Anyone in NJ/NY/CA ever harassed for their conversion?

Especially those that resemble AKs very closely?

Anyone ever questioned/harassed at the range?

Even though I know everything I plan on adding to my rifle is legal, I still feel that the future "People's Republic of NJ" might give me flac for it.

Anyone have a story?

-Joe

There are gonna be fuds giving you shit no matter where you go. You've just got to ignore them. Don't get in to a pissing match with them because they have nothing better to do than argue. Make sure your rig is legal and try to avoid places full of fuds. One of them may call the cops on you.

No stories but lots of fuds. And there's another class out there that I don't have a name for. They're the ones that tote the AR's and declare that you have an "assault rifle" because it looks like an AK. I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or just kick them in the nuts for general stupidity.

If someone's taking a good hard look at you while you're shooting, offer them the chance to shoot it. At best we'll get another convert. At worst, you offered a hand in friendship. Shame on them for not taking it.

In California any one who has a "Evil puppy killing black rifle" is strongly sugjested to carry a copy of the A.W. flow sheet and a copy of the DOJ reg for AW's. You might want to get something kind of like we use on Calguns.net. It's the CA AW IDFlowchart but adapt it for the laws in your state. It can be very handy especially when dealing with uninformed LEO's.

In California any one who has a "Evil puppy killing black rifle" is strongly sugjested to carry a copy of the A.W. flow sheet and a copy of the DOJ reg for AW's. You might want to get something kind of like we use on Calguns.net. It's the CA AW IDFlowchart but adapt it for the laws in your state. It can be very handy especially when dealing with uninformed LEO's.

Cool, I'll look into it. Thanks!

-JOe

Cool, I'll look into it. Thanks!

-JOe

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find those specific forms you are talking about.

Would you mind posting a direct link?

thanks

-Joe