NJ Guys: Muzzle brakes no longer ok, according to a lawyer I spoke wit

I spoke with a reputable gun advocate who told me that last year, the state contended that muzzle brakes ARE considered flash suppressors in NJ, since they suppress the flash in one direction.

Has anyone heard anything more regarding this?

I'm aware of the NO threaded barrel deal, but this is honestly the first time I've heard of this.

-Joe

If they're coming after you over a muzzle device, you've done stepped off into the deep doodoo somewhere else along the line.

That's what I figure. I doubt anyone at my range would give me shit for it anyway. For god's sake, it won't even be a threaded barrel, but tack-welded to the FSB. Also, it's not even written anywhere yet that I've seen.

If it's set in stone at some point, so be it, but for now it doesn't look that way.

If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

thanks

-Joe

What does the New Jersey State law say?

From what I have read, the law is still the same. Muzzle brakes ok, flash suppressors not ok. I haven't seen any updated info regarding the topic, BUT this law office is one of the most well known for gun advocacy.

Hmmmm

-Joe

Where did you read that Joe? I just read the law. N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.2 i (4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accomodate a flash suppressor.

What I see is the barrel better not have threads at all. If anybody is planning to attach a muzzle brake, needs to get in writing a clarifacation from the New Jersey Attorny general office for what is a muzzle brake, and what is a flash suppressor. Get pictures and designs. If they say the all muzzle attachments are F.S. then you can fight them it's gonna cost alot of money. I

I don't have the time to really get into this one,but i'm sure it's in there some where. I'm not a lawyer so don't take this as legal advise. Fight them tooth and nail and don't quit.

What does the New Jersey State law say?

From what I have read, the law is still the same. Muzzle brakes ok, flash suppressors not ok. I haven't seen any updated info regarding the topic, BUT this law office is one of the most well known for gun advocacy.

Hmmmm

-Joe

Where did you read that Joe? I just read the law. N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.2 i (4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accomodate a flash suppressor.

What I see is the barrel better not have threads at all. If anybody is planning to attach a muzzle brake, needs to get in writing a clarifacation from the New Jersey Attorny general office for what is a muzzle brake, and what is a flash suppressor. Get pictures and designs. If they say the all muzzle attachments are F.S. then you can fight them it's gonna cost alot of money. I

I don't have the time to really get into this one,but i'm sure it's in there some where. I'm not a lawyer so don't take this as legal advise. Fight them tooth and nail and don't quit.

Perhaps you are right. It might not be worth the fuss. My plan was to have Dinzag weld a muzzle brake to the FSB like he did for another customer. No threading involved.

BUT, what they classify as a muzzle brake is a different story.

-Joe