Installing a extractor

I don't have one in front of me, but as I recall, it's held in by a pin that it pivots on. One end can be seen from the top of the slide, and the other from the bottom with the slide removed. You would need a small hammer, about 8oz. or a little more, and a small, sturdy punch, guessing here at 1/16" or perhaps 3/32" diameter. Just tap it out from either end, I prefer from bottom to top, it doesn't actually have to come all the way out, just far enough to free the extractor. Be careful withdrawing the punch to contain the extractor so that it or its spring are not lost.

Reinstalling is only mildly more difficult. The trick is holding the extractor in against its spring while getting the pin back through. Install the extractor, holding it in place with your finger, compressing the spring, and slide the punch back up into the hole, and move the extractor around until the pnch enters it. Then, being careful not to drop the punch out, lightly tap on the other end of the pin until you get it back through the extractor body. You may have to wiggle the punch around some to get it aligned. Then, when the punch is no longer needed to hold the extractor, it can be used to finish seating the pin. Take care not to push it down into the area underneath, as it will interfere with free travel of the slide over the magazine.

Enjoy.