I'm thinking about getting a CZ P-01 since I've been reading a lot of good reviews about it... I went to the CZ website and saw they had a P-06, which I *think* is the same as the P-01 but it shoots .40sw instead of the 9mm..

Here's the link to the P-06:

http://www.czusa.com/product_detail.php?id=88

Under the picture it says:

"The components of the P-06 are completely interchangeable with every other P-01/P-06, with no individual fitting required."

So... does this mean the P-01 and 06 use the same frame and if I had the P-01 slide, barrel, and magazines, will it convert the P-06 into a 9mm?

I'm curious because the Jericho 941(Baby Eagle) could, from what I understand, shoot both the 9mm and .41 Action Express by changing out the barrel and using different magazines.. And also from what I understand, both the Jericho 941 and the CZ P-01(and probably the P-06) are based on the CZ-75.

I was thinking that if a 9mm and .41AE can be used on the same frame, then so could a 9mm and a .40sw..

Yeah, I'm pretty ignorant of a lot of things.. You probably could already tell from this post lol.

Sorry if this was dumb!

But if you could easily convert a .40 to a 9mm I'd totally get a P-06 and the necessary P-01 parts..

So... does this mean the P-01 and 06 use the same frame and if I had the P-01 slide, barrel, and magazines, will it convert the P-06 into a 9mm?
Yes, but it's not recommended to convert a 9mm pistol into a .40 S&W (P-01 to P-06).

Yup, interchangeability has its problems. Feed issues, frame wear among others. Besides, I have had nothing but problems with past CZs in .40 caliber. The gun was designed for the 9mm and there are subtle changes in feed geometry using the .40 round. Kept having failure to feed issues with a 75B in .40 and a CZ-40P I owned a couple of years back. The 9mm versions work 100% all the time though. But hey, its your gun and your money.

Edited by Saigaczech