Blade-Tech Saiga-12 Mag Pouch

They are probably a semi-custom, limited-run item. Not being able to take advantage of an "economy of scale" tends to drive prices up. We've seen similar situations with a number of parts/accessories for Saigas. I think many Blade-Tech products are thermoformed, rather than injection molded, so it may not simply be a matter of making a mold and then cranking out large numbers of mag pouches.

Anyway, I just provided the information for those that may be interested. I don't even have an S-12.

Thanks for letting us know about the product.

We didn't mean to throw stones. We know Blade-Tech produces good products.

That pouch would be great for the one speed reload needed for an 12-plus round three-gun match shotgun stage.

Many like me were probably wondering about the higher price tag.

• 1 month later...
They are probably a semi-custom, limited-run item. Not being able to take advantage of an "economy of scale" tends to drive prices up. We've seen similar situations with a number of parts/accessories for Saigas. I think many Blade-Tech products are thermoformed, rather than injection molded, so it may not simply be a matter of making a mold and then cranking out large numbers of mag pouches.

Anyway, I just provided the information for those that may be interested. I don't even have an S-12.

I agree with hogdog. Hand made thermo-formed Kydex gear is gonna run higher than stuff injection molded 1000 per run. Blade Tech has always been a little higher priced for that stuff but worth it. I have tried to model my company after them for 12 years.

Edited by Stellar Rigs