Questions from a noobie about s12 conversion

I've done my fair share of research, reading, looking at pictures, etc, etc but I have a few questions.

Who else has first hand experience? A friend of mine has been providing some useful insight but this crap is so new to me. :o

I know I need: PG, Stock, FCG & Trigger Guard?

It seems the Tromix TG makes things 100% easier, so then i'd need a PG.

This FCG looks like it would make things easier but it says "except 100 series" Does that mean it won't work? Should I just get the tapco single hook & modify it for the bho?

Also, can anyone recommend a stock? I was going to go w/ the ace 7.5" and the receiver block but there are some questions about securing it since it'd use one of the tang screws and the PG screw but it looks like the tromix DIY TG does away with that

:dunno:

Also, does anyone know what stock this is? It's certainly fit my needs because I'm not a fan of folders on full barrel length guns so something simple would be plenty for me.

http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/guns/Sai...onv-10rnd02.jpg

That link to the FCG looks just drop in. I am confused by the except 100 series common too. Just about all other FCG will have to be modified but more than just for the BHO. You have to reshape the hammer.

You can just use the existing trigger guard if you want. Not as slick as tonys and the guard offered by the guy from georgia is really high quality and sharp too.

The FCG will not work for the 12, hence the 100 series. I would suggest using the tapco.

I'm am not familiar with the Tromix TG, maybe someone else can chime in.

The stock looks like the K-VAR stock.

Good luck and have fun building a kick ass shot gun!

Get all your stuff off MAA. It makes things way easier. Go with the modified Tapco FCG from Tromix. It was a total drop in for me although some had to grind a little bit to make it fit with the BHO. Stock is your choice, whatever you prefer. I just have a basic Tapco one. If you do get the Tromix TG plan on getting the SAW grip. If you go with anything else you are going to have modify the PG screw.

The FCG will not work for the 12, hence the 100 series. I would suggest using the tapco.

MAA lists that under the Saiga 12 parts. I bought it, and it is a drop right in and go FCG or at least it was in my 12.

Between that part and the Saigatech trigger guard I was able to do my conversion one night after work! I haven't seen first hand the Tromix DIY trigger guard, but it's the same concept.

I used the inexpensive Tapco stock and it has worked out just fine.

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=c797...45-39a56f40a30e

If you want the dimples, or different lengthes (my tapco was a little short so I put a recoil pad on it) check this out:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=283

Edited by hobbyshooter

I used the Tromix DIY Trigger Guard. It was very easy. Just use the rivit holes in your receiver to mount your trigger guard.

As for the FCG, I used a standard Tapco and had to grind, using the original hammer as a guide. If you're not comfortable with that, I would suggest the Tromix altered TAPCO FCG.

I also used a Tapco T6 stock. I had to remove a little of the mounting block, to get it to go in properly (a few minutes with a file or dremmel should cure that).

To fill the holes in the receiver (left by the trigger pins), I used Hex Head Caps.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow...

God Bless,

Doc S