Rangefinder scale on PSO & PSOP scopes from Kalinka Optics

I was going to order a PSO or PSOP scope from Kalinka Optics, but I have heard that a lot of the PSO and PSOP scopes imported into the U.S. are not regular PSO and PSOP scopes with the original 1.5 meter based rangefinding scale (i.e. based on the average height of a man), but are actually hunting scopes with a range finding scale based on a shorter measuremeant (1 meter I think) for typical game animals (i.e. deer). I e-mailed Kalinka Optics and asked them about this, but they haven't responded. Does anyone here know?

Thanks,

They are scaled to 1.7 meters. Check the attached file for more information on the PSO scopes.

Okay, I think I understand now. From what I read on the last page of the attachment, it looks like PSO and PSOP scopes set up for 7.62 x 54R (SVD type scopes) use the 1.7 meter based ranging scale, while PSO and PSOP scope set up for 7.62 x 39 (an AK type scope) use a 1 meter based ranging scale. So to get a PSO or PSOP scope with a 1.7 meter ranging scale, I just need to make sure the version I order is the SVD type.

Thanks for the help Mike.

Correct. The Romanian scopes you'll find are all SVD type; I don't think they even made an AK version. The AK-type scopes have a different rangefinder setup and a different calibration since they're designed for the shorter-ranged and much less accurate AK-47.