Norinco NHM-90

The NHM 90 was the weird cousin of the MAK 90, main difference being the NHM's were made with threaded barrels. They're post-ban, though, so all NHM's sold in the US had caps welded over the threads, had their bayonet lugs cut off, and wore wooden butthole stocks. I don't know what quantity they were imported in, but you tend to see mostly either long barrel NHM 91's or NHM 90's with angle cut receivers. So a straight cut NHM 90 w/ 16" barrel is less common, at least to my limited experiences.

I found this one at a local shop in good physical shape, but questionable 922r shape. It is now properly de-banned and compliant. Has Red Star internals and an A2 hider (all US-made, of course). The receiver is stamped from thick 1.6 mm steel and still has the original Chinese bluing. Bolt and carrier have a unique plum colored blue. Barrel is chrome lined with lots of life. The original bayonet lug is still neutered, but I kinda like the lean and light style. In the pictures above it's got a 30 round Chinese flat back magazine (with US follower). European spine-backed mags and plastic ones all run flawlessly as well. No wobble.

It shoots pretty good for an AK. Once I got the sights dialed, I put a whole 30 rounder into an 8" pie plate at 50 yards, offhand. No idea what she'll do off the bench yet, but I'm sure it's good enough :)

Edited by aresv