Question - based on the soon to be president and what that can mean to us, what are we all going to do to get ready?

NRA memberships renewed?

Ammo stockpiled?

Another gun to the collection?

some great suggestions many of us are thinking off or have done...if I may add another:

Inject new blood into our culture/sport/passion/belief.

We need to realize that the American public have been thoroughly convinced we are gun nuts. Think for a moment: we can't even talk about our latest rifle by the office water cooler without getting funny looks. mention AK or AR and they may start the HR paperwork. what we need to do is convince people why the 2nd ammendment is important. That we aren't gun nuts. we need to remove some of the lies and show them a Saiga isn't all that scary. we need to show people how fun our sport/passion is.

my suggestion?

Take someone out shooting. Don't show off your converted saiga 12 - Start with a 22. open it up for them and show that it's just plastic, metal and maybe wood. Show them it won't fire by itself. Show them guns aren't any scarier than a baseball bat or another inanimate tool. Show them your saiga. Show them how much smaller 7.62x39 is compared to a common hunting round. Show them why we like "assualt rifles" - it's not that we need 30 rounds to cause masacres - it's just fun! Explain the stupid clinton ban. explain that bad guys won't obey gun laws anyway.

You guys know the logic - share it. educate others. bring them to our side. if every gun owner converts just one more person to this - we have just doubled NRA membership. we have just doubled pro-gun voters. we have just reduced crime. and if zombies (be it the undead or the braindead) decide to attack - we now have another brother/sister in arms.

good news!

for the past couple of months, a couple buddies and i have been working with our church group to have a "basics class" to introduce folks to the wonderful world of the 2nd ammendment and self-preservation. i just got an email that it looks good! we found a place where we can hold the "event". we're passing out a sign in sheet at church this coming sunday!

time to do some "missionary work"!

good news!

for the past couple of months, a couple buddies and i have been working with our church group to have a "basics class" to introduce folks to the wonderful world of the 2nd ammendment and self-preservation. i just got an email that it looks good! we found a place where we can hold the "event". we're passing out a sign in sheet at church this coming sunday!

time to do some "missionary work"!

Great idea, I am new to owning an "assualt" rilfe myself ( although I have owned guns, hunted for years and generally enjoy shooting ) I took my BIL shooting monday and let him shoot the converted Saiga. He loved it and plans to buy one now!

I demonstrated to him proper handling of a firearm and talked about some scenarios where this rifle would be useful, Then we shot the Glock 22 and learned trigger control, drawing and shooting, "instinct" shooting w/in 15 yards (not using sights). He did not realize shooting a handgun could be that fun and useful.

And I had just as much fun sharing! He even pitched in for ammo!

I think teaching safety and basics to poeple opens their eyes to fact that guns are not dangerous, they are tools and when used properly are very safe.