Difference between IZ109 and IZ108?

What are the differences between the Saiga 12 models IZ109 and IZ108?

Some of the descriptions say one barrel is black, the other blue. Never saw a "blue" barrel before. Why would anyone want a "blue" color? But I have heard/seen "blued" barrels, meaning a black barrel. So now I'm confused. There must be more than just a color difference. There must be an important difference to have two models.

Thanks,

Jake

Why would someone want rib style sight?

Why would someone want pistol style sight?

Is there somewhere I can learn about the different applications?

From the look of the photos on the Internet, it seems a rib style is for shooting at distances and doing trajectories. The pistol style seems just like a simple sight.

My goal is for short range home self defense shotgun. I plan to change the sights to optimize my hit on target odds. Most likely will be adding a light, and some sort of sight that I can see in the dark.

Thanks,

Jake

Why would someone want rib style sight?

Why would someone want pistol style sight?

Is there somewhere I can learn about the different applications?

From the look of the photos on the Internet, it seems a rib style is for shooting at distances and doing trajectories. The pistol style seems just like a simple sight.

My goal is for short range home self defense shotgun. I plan to change the sights to optimize my hit on target odds. Most likely will be adding a light, and some sort of sight that I can see in the dark.

Thanks,

Jake

An S12 as a short distance home defense gun is a point-and-shoot situation and may be a shot from the hip, neither situation requiring sights of any sort. Night sights are good for the first shot only as your vision will be temporarily ruined by the muzzle flash.

There are already some after market sights designed for the S-12 and more on the way. One of the weakest features on the S-12 is the sights.

If you plan to change them get the IZ-109. They are easier to remove.

Check out Krebs Custom and Dinzag Arms for some good options.

You should also look through the S-12 picture thread for ideas, and to see what everyone else has done.

I just read there's a model Saiga-12S Exp-01-030.

...just getting myself more confused about what all the different models mean.

However, I have not found any place that sells the Saiga-12S Exp-01-030.

The S12S is manufactured with assault features and isn't imported into the US.