Here we go

Hello, I am now a proud owner :rolleyes: I discovered this gun yesterday and well, just had to run out this morning and buy one. I read alot last night and still just don't know where to start. Do I leave it a virgin and go shootin, or do I begin molesting it as soon as possible?

I fully agree on deep sixing the factory stock. I assume just a AK but stock will work? but to get the pistol grip on there the trigger group will need to be moved. The violating of the metal and small parts is where I start to wallow. If I am having a good day it is not a problem, but a bad day.........well bad things can happen...lol

I just converted mine today. With a dremel, drill, hack saw, and a file it went together in about 3 hours of tinkering. If you use the Tromix DIY trigger guard all you have to do is demil, then you're putting the TG and the stock on, no cutting into the receiver. Figuring out how to put the bolt hold open spring back in took the longest, now I'm ready to test fire tomorrow.

YOU CAN DO IT!

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0260.jpg

I just converted mine today. With a dremel, drill, hack saw, and a file it went together in about 3 hours of tinkering. If you use the Tromix DIY trigger guard all you have to do is demil, then you're putting the TG and the stock on, no cutting into the receiver. Figuring out how to put the bolt hold open spring back in took the longest, now I'm ready to test fire tomorrow.

YOU CAN DO IT!

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0260.jpg

Looks great. Nice job. Let me know how you like that stock.

What I did:

- Pop the butt off and the FCG out.

- Hacksaw the tang off flush, pretty it up with dremel.

- Drill and tap out the trigger guard rivets, drive out trigger rivets.

- Attach Tromix DIY triggerguard.

- Dremel the ACE receiver stock adapter to fit.

- Put it all back together.

It was way easier than I thought- just remember: when replacing the FCG make sure to put the trigger pin, BHO, and crook in first, THEN the hammer and hammer axis. SOOOOO much easier that way... That was the longest and most frustrating part of the conversion for me...

The long folding ace buttstock seemed like it was going to have way too much LOP, but it actually feels very natural to me, but I am pretty tall...