I'm going to be converting my S12 in the near future. What paint should I use to touch up the unpainted areas, and SaigaTech triggerguard?

I know the ideal thing would be to strip it, park, and coat with one of the bake-on finishes, but that's not going to happen.

I need something that I can simply spray on and let dry that will match the OEM finish reasonably well, and hold up as well as can be expected.

Advice?

I bought some BBQ paint at Walmart today to do my Saigatech guard and it looks good. I even sprayed the bottom of the receiver with it, without taping off the sides, and it looks good. It will hold until I can Durakote.

I've used BBQ grill paint from walmart.. Its a lot more durable than you would think.. I have read some here that have used high temp engine paint with decent results. I now use duracoat. You can use it with a $9 airbrush from HarborFreight and throw the airbrush away after a couple of uses. The downside is duracoat takes several weeks to cure. Either way metal prep is the key...

• 2 weeks later...
I like to use Duplicolor black 500-degree low-gloss engine enamel (DE1634). As chevymann noted, proper metal preparation will help your paint job to last. Also, let the paint cure fully before exposing it to solvents (gun cleaning).

+1 I used the semi-gloss, because they didn't have flat or low-gloss. The semi-gloss matches surprisingly well.