Can a 30 rd surefire mag be used on a converted rifle?

I know this is probably a very stoopid question but can a saiga be converted to pistol grip (trigger moved) and just use surefire cartridges or does the fact that the trigger is moved somehow make it required to use AK mags???

What is the advantage of using AK mags over the surefires??

Thanks

surefires will work on saiga's without the bullet guide installed, so if you ONLY move the trigger group foward for the pistol grip and stock deal, then you can use surefire mags without worry of a bullet guide needing to be installed in the receiver to use regular AK mags

I have had trouble with 15-rd Sure Fire, LLC mags. The second to the last round would induce a FTF EVERY time and on both 15-rounders. Tried contacting Sure Fire Mags, but go stonewalled.

My 30-rd Master Molder mags however, are PERFECT. They are stored in PA at a buddy's house when I go there to shoot. Plus I only paid $13 each for them.

My understanding is that Surefire had some probs with the 15-rounders, but have since corrected them.

surefire mags do have problems from time to time with the 15 rounders and some have had problems with their 308 mags, but i have 3 30 round mags with no issues, and if i had any they would fix them, but master moulder mags do work, and i think there is now a saiga specific mag from promag as well....

Thanks for the reply...much appreciated.

Why do people go through the trouble of being able to use the ak mags? Why/how are they better?

Cheaper, more plentiful, and standardized. If SHTF and you are running around on the "battlefield" and need specific mags for your Saiga, you are going to be out of luck in most cases. Any commie mag will do with a bullet guide and filed catch. Think about it...how many Saiga magazines do you see for sale at your local FFL? Not many.

Makes sense...got it.

Cheaper, more plentiful, and standardized. If SHTF and you are running around on the "battlefield" and need specific mags for your Saiga, you are going to be out of luck in most cases. Any commie mag will do with a bullet guide and filed catch. Think about it...how many Saiga magazines do you see for sale at your local FFL? Not many.