I doubt you'd even run into a range officer/LEO who knew anything about 922r.

That being said, make sure you are compliant, and like Tony said, just tell them that yours is indeed compliant.

And if your not,at least have a story to tell so they dont inspect it,talk the walk for them.

Speaking as an LEO, I can tell you that it is correct that the huge majority of us don't know anyting about 922r. I expect those few that do are probalby fellow gun nuts and therefore don't care that the gun might not technically be compliant. The obvious exception would be some feds charged with enforcing those laws.

At least in NC and VA (the two states I have experience as a LEO in), we can't enforce federal laws anyway, so long as the gun is legal under state law, there is nothing much we could do even if we wanted to.

What do y'all do if an LEO or range official asks if yours is compliant?

I'd have known before I retired, but I was a gun guy. Most won't. That is why they ask you. 922r is a nonsequator when it comes to enforcement. Unless you light up some agency radar you re not likely to ever be asked. Not something that most of us will ever experience. A very tough task it is to enforce some of these far-reaching regs. I've actually had a young, new, state cop ask me, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?" when it comes to compliance. It's not on their plate at the academy...........and for the most part they couldn't care less. It's all "feel good" legislation for the benefit of the gun grabbers. It still doesn't make it any less binding or serious if you are caught up in the mix.

If you metion the assault weapons ban, 922r and federal compliance requirements all in one sentence, most of them will just go away, or ask for more information 'cuz they don't know and want to.

Edited by Dave-AK