galil experience?

Ive recently really been intrested in getting a galil 223 id like a 308 but its out of my budget range. however ive have read a shitload of horror stories. Is that the way it goes with all of them? any bad stories? any good ones? is it just century arms? How would i avoid these probs? Thank you for your input

Ive recently really been intrested in getting a galil 223 id like a 308 but its out of my budget range. however ive have read a shitload of horror stories. Is that the way it goes with all of them? any bad stories? any good ones? is it just century arms? How would i avoid these probs? Thank you for your input

There is ONE supplier for all the US made Galil receivers in the USA.

This is not a "century problem" by any means.

I heartily suggest you look for an IMI Galil.

imi galils are usually 1500 and up wouldnt ya say? whats the story on the recievers? so its not centurys fault?
There are two large AK-centric forums. One of them is squarely in the pockets of the maker of the Galil receivers. You will never ever ever ever hear anything bad or negative about this vendor, even though this vendor has put out some crap and potentially illegal products.

The other AK-centric forum has the some eye-opening threads on this subject, as they are not gaining financial rewards for squelching this information.

imi galils are usually 1500 and up wouldnt ya say? whats the story on the recievers? so its not centurys fault?
There are two large AK-centric forums. One of them is squarely in the pockets of the maker of the Galil receivers. You will never ever ever ever hear anything bad or negative about this vendor, even though this vendor has put out some crap and potentially illegal products.

The other AK-centric forum has the some eye-opening threads on this subject, as they are not gaining financial rewards for squelching this information.

I've seen the U.S. built Galils slowly drop in price from over $800 when they first came out to around $600 at the last gunshow this past weekend. Odd thing is almost all other evil black rifle types are rapidly going through the roof in price increases. Several manufacturers of AR and AK types have announced price hikes this month alone as they struggle to keep up with demand. Why are the Galil clones prices bucking the trend and dropping? Hmmmmm...!!!

Here's my story, for what it's worth....Bought Century Galil build, took it to the range, shot it and spent casings flew out of rifle in two pieces, sheared right in the middle...Sent rifle in to Century to get repaired, they sent me a brand new rifle....Pretty cool, or so I thought...Took second Galil to the range, first casing was ejected in two pieces...packed everything up, put Galil back in box, sold it... :rolleyes:

i guess ive pretty much been talked out of one eventhough i think they are cool as shit just cant spend that on an imi when i could get a sig 556 or some shit like that or a fal sucks too why does century have such a shitty product all thier shit like that i had a cetme that was shitty by them thier aks shitty too?

i guess ive pretty much been talked out of one eventhough i think they are cool as shit just cant spend that on an imi when i could get a sig 556 or some shit like that or a fal sucks too why does century have such a shitty product all thier shit like that i had a cetme that was shitty by them thier aks shitty too?

Let me be blunt.

As much as Century sucks, they are totally blameless on this one.

The manufacture of the receivers (not Century) sucks big time and won't stand behind his product.

thanks for your patience nalioth what fals are not realiable we are all in trouble all reserves of everything on gunbroker are going fast and have doubled and tripled i believe i have to go pick my ar15 back up that i had on sale on consignment cant wait to see what shit is like at local gun shows in two weeks *sarcasm* should be pretty shitty huh? you had any experience at a gin show lately since the election?