Being new to the Saiga and it's conversions, I didn't realize that there were things that one had to do to be in compliance with any code...

Now, let me get this straight: When I receive my S-12, it is perfectly legal straight-out-of-the-box in it's factory configuration, correct?

BUT.... if I want to add anything to it, say a Tapco collapsible stock and pistol grip, I have to then add enough parts that will qualify it as an American firearm??

I've read the compliance list, and I think I understand, but I am confused about the whole "if I add one part, I need to add more parts" thing. Or am I completely wrong?

Help a newbie out! :cryss:

it is compliant in the factory configuration, yes...

If you want to change things out, change them out with ANY parts, and you remain compliant AS LONG AS YOU USE THE FACTORY 2 or 5 ROUND MAGAZINES!!!

When you want to plug in a HIGHER THAN 5 ROUND MAGAZINE... NOW you are where you need to play the 10 or less foreign parts game. and YOU MUST swap out foreign parts with USA made parts to be at 10 or less foreign parts to use a high cap mag.

Clear as mud? LOL

Also check this out...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=31710

Might help a LITTLE...

:smoke:

it is compliant in the factory configuration, yes...

If you want to change things out, change them out with ANY parts, and you remain compliant AS LONG AS YOU USE THE FACTORY 2 or 5 ROUND MAGAZINES!!!

When you want to plug in a HIGHER THAN 5 ROUND MAGAZINE... NOW you are where you need to play the 10 or less foreign parts game. and YOU MUST swap out foreign parts with USA made parts to be at 10 or less foreign parts to use a high cap mag....

Ok, NOW I understand! Thanks, bro.

The part that I was unclear on was the fact that if I wanted to plug in a 10 rounder, I would play the parts game. I appreciate that! (Being a noob sucks.... :rolleyes: )

On one hand, that's a bunch of bullshit legislation if you ask me, but on the other, it helps American companies by generating revenue.

I forgot to add one thing, though...

If you change things out and it REMAINS in the sporting configuration you are ok...

Its when you go to ADD A PISTOL GRIP or a FOLDING STOCK, that will also kick you into the NON-SPORTING realm... so thats another thing to keep in mind...

:smoke: