Anyone else seen this Saiga drum by Maxrounds.com?

A buddy sent me this youtube link.

Maybe it's just me but it sure looks familiar, hopefully with a well designed feed tower. Says it's made in the Czech Republic and lists a US distributor with a Euro looking ph. #.

post-8256-1228167960.jpg

Edited by mark56

We have seen these before and wondered if they had the same problems as the other screwed up drum. Will the flaw in the feed tower and these towers look the same my guess is yes. But does there website mention a "Reliability Service" to function on your gun.

Edited by Superhawk138
They don't look exactly the same as the one I had (they are actually functioning). At $634.00 plus shipping, I just don't think I'm up for another gamble since I got Wraithed.

Yeah, I was thinking there might be something a little different looking about the feed tower too. I can't help but wonder if they patterned theirs after the Wraithmaker but resolved the feed tower issues. I looked all over their website but couldn't find a pic with decent resolution.

My question would be why bother when there is a better drum already out there that works perfect, tough as nails, US made and costs less.

But I understand the curiosity.

I think you need to remember where they are, as we cannot get US parts at all easily in Europe due to the US authorities being so difficult over export. MD's drum is far better and much cheaper in the US but I bet you'd struggle to get one in Europe at any price.

(unless you have good friends in the US :rolleyes:).

In addition the guns themselves sell for far more than you get them for.

My question would be why bother when there is a better drum already out there that works perfect, tough as nails, US made and costs less.

But I understand the curiosity.

I think you need to remember where they are, as we cannot get US parts at all easily in Europe due to the US authorities being so difficult over export. MD's drum is far better and much cheaper in the US but I bet you'd struggle to get one in Europe at any price.

(unless you have good friends in the US :rolleyes:).

In addition the guns themselves sell for far more than you get them for.

Good point. Didnt even think about location.