Newb question on Tromix DIY trigger guard

Does the Tromix DIY pistol grip conversion require the trigger group to be moved?

In other words, can I just order the guard and a SAW grip, bolt it on and go shooting?

IOW, no.

The Tromix All-in-one trigger guard greatly simplifies conversion of a Saiga 12, but you'll still need to move the trigger group.

TBH, the Tromix A-I-1 takes out the majority of the hassle of a basic conversion.

Edited by nalioth

Unless you can figure a way to get this to work:

whatthefuck.jpg

But that looks like it might be kinda awkward for trigger reach :haha:

Come on newbs, look around the forums a bit! (I say this only because I've just recently shed my newbness, kinda like in 8th grade we used to make fun of the "sevies")

I feel like I've got the biggest newb question of all so may as well ask here. Also loving my Saiga and would like to get one of them converted and these look like a great option for DIY and/or having a pro do it. Probably get a second S 12 soon if they come available here in town. Can't say I've ever worked on any guns before this would be the first. But between myself and my brother am comfortable venturing ahead if I really really wanted to. After you get the FCG moved and everything finished... you ground out all the rivets, how do I get them back on? Am I missing something completely here, do I need rivets repunched/rivet gun? Chances are my first conversion I will go to gun shop here in town and have them do it and have no worries. But it's such a stupidly simple weapon I'm inclined to just start learning myself the hard way.

Edited by Wotan1105
The Tromix guard requires no riveting, and comes with all necessary hardware.

My Tromix conversion parts just came last Saturday. Nice looking parts (was on a three week backorder). The finish does not match the 12 but it looks like it should fit great. Now I'm just waiting on my ACE internal reciever.... Two to five more weeks. The waiting never ends.....

Question for Bob ash. Are you guys selling that many or keeping stock low for year end? I would think you could crank these out like water.. Just wondering.

Edited by SEWERAT
The Tromix guard requires no riveting, and comes with all necessary hardware.

My Tromix conversion parts just came last Saturday. Nice looking parts (was on a three week backorder). The finish does not match the 12 but it looks like it should fit great. Now I'm just waiting on my ACE internal reciever.... Two to five more weeks. The waiting never ends.....

Question for Bob ash. Are you guys selling that many or keeping stock low for year end? I would think you could crank these out like water.. Just wondering.

We're not holdig back. They are made for us at a local fab shop. You have to realize that sales are through the roof right now, nobody really expected it to take off like this.