I have a few rifles, including a saiga and im looking to buy my first pistol and have decided on CZ. I really like the idea of the SP-01, the all steel frame model, i believe is the Tactical. The gun will only be used for home defense and range.

Are there any downsides to this model? I am slightly confused with the whole decocker thing, maybe someone can explain it to me, the only handgun i've shot is a beretta 92F and a glock 17.

Also - is there a major accuracy difference between the P-01 and the SP-01 given the barrel length? Availability seems to be an issue with the SP-01, everyone keeps telling me to just get a 75B and be done with it.

Thanks for any insight

you should really look into the CZ SP-01 Shadow model. it has better sights and a better trigger.

the P-01 and SP-01 (non-shadow) are overall good performers for self defense, but if you're looking for some more active shooting (amateur IPSC for fun) i'd strongly suggest the Shadow.

• 2 weeks later...
you should really look into the CZ SP-01 Shadow model. it has better sights and a better trigger.

the P-01 and SP-01 (non-shadow) are overall good performers for self defense, but if you're looking for some more active shooting (amateur IPSC for fun) i'd strongly suggest the Shadow.

I use a standard SP01s. Prefer them to the over worked stuff from the custom shop, spending more money will not help if you are not a good shot already and if you are you really do not need all the bells and whistles anyway. I converted one to an SAO trigger and the other to a CZ-85 trigger. The stock short radius trigger on them sucks, cuts into my trigger finger. All CZ triggers wear in smooth with use. I suggest getting only the thumb safety models, the decocker models have DA first shot that sucks, better to avoid it and stay with cocked and locked with safety on.