Adjustable rib sight?

At the rear, the only adjustment is left or right....done by drifting the base with a hammer and brass punch.

At the front, look on the RH side of the rib (with gun pointed away from you) and there is a small hole in the side, just behind the adjusting wheel. Stick a small pointed instrument up in there and depress the leaf spring in the top that engages the wheel. Then you can turn the wheel. Counter clockwise raises the front for elevation.

To remove the whole asembly, keep turning the wheel counter clockwise til it comes all the way off the stud. Careful not to lose the spring.

Then with a small punch, or nail, drift out the cross pin in the rear sight base, while holding the rib. When it's out the other side you can lift the rib free. Careful not to lose the spring under there either.

If you do remove it, let me know if you want to get rid of it please.

You will still be left with the front stud. Depending on what you do for after market sights, you may either keep the stud for a mounting platform, or cut it and grind it down flush.

Thank you! There was no mention of how to use it in the manual that came with it. I'm not sure if I'm going to remove it or not as I have a side mounted scope on it for target work and I may keep the rib for "shotgun" work.

Edited by russianblood