dph arms beryl style scope mount

I have been searching for a better option to the side rail mount and was wondering how they perform under stress.

There are at least 3 variants of the Beryl. The latest model is much improved, and much more expensive. My gun buddy vendor says they are good. But... Saiga has the proven side rail standard. If you have 2 Saiga's, give the newer version a try on one of them. It's $200 +.

wadem

I have been searching for a better option to the side rail mount and was wondering how they perform under stress.

There are at least 3 variants of the Beryl. The latest model is much improved, and much more expensive. My gun buddy vendor says they are good. But... Saiga has the proven side rail standard. If you have 2 Saiga's, give the newer version a try on one of them. It's $200 +.

wadem

I curently have the bp-02 side rail type and it wiggles side to side. I know how to tighten it to the rail but it seems the rail itself moves because of the thin recever metal or the rivets arent tight enough.

• 2 weeks later...

wadem

I curently have the bp-02 side rail type and it wiggles side to side. I know how to tighten it to the rail but it seems the rail itself moves because of the thin recever metal or the rivets arent tight enough.

I had the same problem. Part of the problem has to do with how tight the locking cam clamps against the side rail. If you unscrew the locking cam bolt, you can install a shim washer or peel-away washer to get the correct clamping strength on the side rail. Mine took a .020" shim to give the cam the desired clamping power.

• 2 months later...

I'm a member of Saiga forum and I read for hours trying to find a scope mount I used the forum search ,nothing comes up. So after wasting hours reading stuff that didn't pertain to my problem I decided to google the same search and wouldn't you know it, Google sent me to this thread as a guest. I saw, I liked, I bought in minutes. Point is made that the forum search engine is pathetic at best. and there was no point in joining. Plus the mediator here likes to send a tiny window of my ISP#, my real name etc telling me that he was a JR spy is my guess, when i joined. I don't know what his or her point is. Amazing how you can do that and make me feel like a criminal but you can't fix your search engine. Amazing stuff.

To add to this thread, I just ordered the $179 Beryl mount, thank's for the thread. But all the stuff I ordered even if they say they have it is on back order for 2 weeks and I check back in 2 weeks and it's on backorder for 2 weeks again. Plus they charge my credit card. So basically I have all these charges months old that they still haven''t sent products. It's turning into a full time job, cause one I called and they forgot all about it and are sold out again and say they are sorry. Sorry they they got caught. Not this company yet. But I'm getting weary of all these charges that put me on backorder. And guess what Mediator, the mailman and USP man know me personally. I have to write you to big brother.

I orderd mine and recieved it as fast as the ups man could get it here. great service from dph and a great product. It took a little custom fitting on the tang end but it is a rock solid unit. much better than the side rail type mount. looking forward to the pin on muzzel break for the 308.

I'm a member of Saiga forum and I read for hours trying to find a scope mount I used the forum search ,nothing comes up. So after wasting hours reading stuff that didn't pertain to my problem I decided to google the same search and wouldn't you know it, Google sent me to this thread as a guest. I saw, I liked, I bought in minutes. Point is made that the forum search engine is pathetic at best. and there was no point in joining. Plus the mediator here likes to send a tiny window of my ISP#, my real name etc telling me that he was a JR spy is my guess, when i joined. I don't know what his or her point is. Amazing how you can do that and make me feel like a criminal but you can't fix your search engine. Amazing stuff.

To add to this thread, I just ordered the $179 Beryl mount, thank's for the thread. But all the stuff I ordered even if they say they have it is on back order for 2 weeks and I check back in 2 weeks and it's on backorder for 2 weeks again. Plus they charge my credit card. So basically I have all these charges months old that they still haven''t sent products. It's turning into a full time job, cause one I called and they forgot all about it and are sold out again and say they are sorry. Sorry they they got caught. Not this company yet. But I'm getting weary of all these charges that put me on backorder. And guess what Mediator, the mailman and USP man know me personally. I have to write you to big brother.

I think I speak for all of us when I say: "What?"