About 1 year ago I bought my Saiga 7.62. Just this past weekend I picked up a Tapco stock at the Orlando Gun Show for just $55, including the pistol grip. This stock: http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=5f1e...ad-ac13d545aa72 So I've been looking into doing more mods to my Saiga, but then I am beginning to wonder ii they are worth the expense. I am retired and my income is limited, so additional expenses are funds I can use for ammo, sights, more handguns, etc.

Can you tell me the benefits of continuing mods to my Saiga? Is there a tactical or performance beneift? Sure, some mods make it LOOK much better, but I'd rather spend that money on increasing my toy count!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Val

Here's my Saiga with the new stock installed. A simple bolt on set-up that did not require any mods! I haven't shot it yet, but will try it out soon.

post-15034-1231601653_thumb.jpg

You'll have a shorter rifle which will look like the one originally designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. The trigger will be direct instead of transfer bar and I'm not sure about USC922r compliance. I did something similar few years ago when I made a wooden stock with a pistol grip but when I converted mine the it became a shorter easier to wield weapon.

You'll have a shorter rifle which will look like the one originally designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov. The trigger will be direct instead of transfer bar and I'm not sure about USC922r compliance. I did something similar few years ago when I made a wooden stock with a pistol grip but when I converted mine the it became a shorter easier to wield weapon.

uzitiger is beating around the bush and trying to say that after a basic conversion, it'll handle better, be more ergonomic and altogether more enjoyable to have.

Well, I'm working on it! I decided I'd try my hand at customizing my stock hand guard after seeing some nice work here: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry140720 I just ordered a picatinny rail to mount on the front, then I can add a front grip. While my work doesn't look quite as nice as Devin C1, I was able to save me some ammo money! I also bought the Tapco G2 trigger group at the Orlando Gun Show, so I think I'll go ahead and do the mods to install it. Of course, then I'll have to move my pistol grip forward when I install the trigger group...

Thanks for the advice. I must say, doing this work is fun and rewarding!

Val

Here's my Sagia after my mods to the hand guard...

post-15034-1231638128_thumb.jpg

Edited by Woolval

uzitiger is beating around the bush and trying to say that after a basic conversion, it'll handle better, be more ergonomic and altogether more enjoyable to have.

+1

Also, nice work on the forend.

Edited by cma g21

Pulling the trigger on a factory Saiga FCG, and pulling the trigger on a G2 are two different animals. That alone is worth the conversion, IMO.

Plus, I just can't get used to these "slap-on, pistol gripped stocks" I keep seeing here. They just look awkward. I'm not knocking it, but it's not for me.

Pulling the trigger on a factory Saiga FCG, and pulling the trigger on a G2 are two different animals. That alone is worth the conversion, IMO.

22-Shooter, your comment about the G2 trigger being a different animal has prompted me to go ahead and do that conversion. Of course, I'm assuming that "a different animal" will be an improvement over the stock trigger! Thanks for helping me move forward with my decisions on the conversions!

Val

22-Shooter, your comment about the G2 trigger being a different animal has prompted me to go ahead and do that conversion. Of course, I'm assuming that "a different animal" will be an improvement over the stock trigger! Thanks for helping me move forward with my decisions on the conversions!

Val

:up: