Can changing to a collapsable stock cause FTE ?

I recently bought this Saiga 12. When I first got it, I checked the gas chamber and I only had the one hole visible (I already read the FTE thread). I tried it out anyway and it cycled both 2 3/4 Federal on setting 2, and 3 inch Winchester XPERT Hi Velocity on both settings right out of the box. I fired maybe 10-20 rounds through it, all worked fine, then I changed to a Tapco 6 position adjustible stock. Now I can't get the 2 3/4 rounds to cycle correctly. I brought it to the range over the weekend and shot over 100 cheap 2 3/4 and 20 3 inch loads to try and work the action. I got a FTE on every 2 3/4 round, not one cycled. The 3 inch cycled fine everytime. I asked Clyde at RAAC and he said to check if there are 2 more holes paritally hidden. He said he has tested several guns like mine and they worked fine. I didn't do a full conversion, just changed to the Tapco stock and handguard. It is the only thing different from when I first shot the gun and it worked......argghgh!!! :ded:

Edited by GimmeLiberty