Metal Prep Questions

Im hoping someone has done this..I ordered a bottle of Laurel Mountain Forge Rust Brown/Blue solution. I would like to avoid using lung busting strippers on the old finish if possible..Both Laurel Mountains instructions and a gent on another site used 120 grit aluminum oxide to blast off the old finish...I am not finding anyone who has a bead blaster, but have found a sand blaster I can use..has anyone used a sand blaster to remove the factory finish?.. If so what were the results?..Thanks

Have used 80 grit aluminum oxide which works well. Only difference in using glass beads is that the finish is a softer gloss, not as shiny. Would think the smaller the particle, the softer the finish in appearance, and vice versa.

Thanks Tritium..Does it require a different kind of "blaster" or nozzle to use alum. oxide?

Nope. An Al Oxide use is fine for a surface that is going to be Parkerized, glass bead for blued or just a bare finish.