HEADS UP COMBATHUNTING.COM SAIGA QUAD RAIL

Just wanted to give y'all a heads up. Last week I ordered a UTG quad rail from combathunting.com SKU:MNT-HG478SA . It is listed as fitting the AK47 and specifically says it fits the varients Saiga 223 and 7.62 ....well it doesn't. The top rail is too small to go over the gas tube. They list another one for AKs with oversized gas tubes, but list the model shown for Saiga's. I have e-mailed their customer service dept to see whats up, but figured I'd save someone else the hassle.

For what it's worth, this is a really nice looking solid feeling quad rail, just hope that they have one that will really work on our Saigas.

Edited by unclejake

I thought the same thing when I put the UTG on mine. However, after cutting of the heat guard on my original tube, it went right on. So far I have put over 300rds with the new set up with no problems. The quad rail has not loosened up nor have there been any other issues with it so far. I just put a red dot on it, and will try to get it zeroed today. I will let you know how that works out. You might be o.k. with cutting off the heat shield, or getting a standard gas tube. However some have reported problems doing both. Let me know what customer service has to say. Later,

Michael

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33548

I had a problem with the one I tried to put on. I cut the heat sheild off and it still didnt work. Then I had to grind the bottom out because it would not fit around the barrel. After I got it to fit around the barrel it wouldn't tighten all the way, the top kept pressing the gas tube down and it sounded like the piston was rubbing when iI pulled back on the handle. It did the same with a normal tube also. :angry:

Edited by Bilo

I had the same trouble with mine pressing down on the gas tube. I solved the problem by adding thin strips of brass bar stock between the upper and lower halves. The brass strips can be found at most hobby shops that have a display of small diameter brass and aluminum metal rods and tubes. The 1/16"x3/16" brass strip is what you need.

I had the same trouble with mine pressing down on the gas tube. I solved the problem by adding thin strips of brass bar stock between the upper and lower halves. The brass strips can be found at most hobby shops that have a display of small diameter brass and aluminum metal rods and tubes. The 1/16"x3/16" brass strip is what you need.

Thats a good idea.I wish I would have thought of something like that before I got pissed an threw it away. :rolleyes: