+1 for Clyde from RAA

I just wanted to pass this along. I recently got a Saiga 12 that has 2 gas vents both up pretty far and 1 partially blocked. It shoots fine with slugs but chokes on lighter shot. I emailed RAA and Clyde got back to me and offered to exchange the shotgun no questions asked. I told him since I have it I would rather send it to CGW to get ported properly instead of taking my chances with a new shotgun. He said that works also and is paying shipping both ways. I emailed them on Saturday and even with Shot just ending he got back to me on Monday. I was not sure what to expect with RAA but I am impressed. So anyhow just thought I would pass this on.

Does anyone know what CGW is doing to repair the guns? Are they basically doing the same thing that JeffD posted or something else? I was talking to Clyde before the show and he mentioned he was talking to someone about the repairs. They were not going to remove the gas block but drill a hole in the gas tube then drill thru the hole to clean up the ports and then insert a plug in the tube . Anyone know?

I am sure Ben or someone can say for sure. But I assume they will drill some new holes if its a 2 hole like mine and if it is misaligned a bit maybe they will reshape the gas cylinder hole so it lines up with the vents (I think that is the fix you are talking about). There are probably different approaches for the different problems though.

Edited by lipadj46

When I contacted RAAC about my S12 with 2 gas ports failing to eject I spoke with Clyde. Clyde was very helpful and answered all my questions concerning my S12. Clyde told me to return my S12 for replacement no questions asked as well. RAAC paid return shipping too. RAAC sent out a replacement S12 quickly. I was satisfied with the entire process.

+1 for Clyde too!!!

2 vents may just not be enough to cycle the action on light loads. You can try breaking in the shotgun by firing a bunch of 3" magnums lust to loosen things up or also try to polish some of the moving parts. You can also try to completely close the gas plug when using light bird shot. Me personally I want my shotgun properly vented so I sent it back to get fixed.