Saiga 12 with RAA Skeleton (Dragonuv) Stock

That's not so bad, I'm glad to see the pics. I think just sanding it around for a better fit will fix you right up. It actually looks like it fits better on your S12 than my first black polymer SVD stock fit on my NDM86. It took me a while to get that one fitted properly and it never did really seat snug. My second set was a dead on snug fit, it just goes to show there can be a lot of variation from production run to production run.

The good thing about a lot of combloc furniture is that they seem to be designed with a little extra girth so they can be fitted tightly on a particular rifle. I think yours is going to turn out just fine once you do a bit of fine tuning.

Z

I really want to sand it down, but I cannot for the life of me get it off now, lol. I am going to go to the parents house and use my dad's vice and take a deadblow hammer to this thing. Nothing pisses me off more than having the wrong tools for a job, and my apartment is ill-equipped even for this simple task (I thought this would be a simple bolt on/off, as it kinda is). If I wasn't being such an impatient jackass, I would have inspected and cleared out the area in the receiver, as well as sanded the new stock a bit first.

For all I know that last millimeter is a nub of plastic or bits of whatever blocking the stock from going in further, but I don't know if I'm even pushing this thing against a backstop or not, as I'm not familiar enough with the insides of the receiver. If there is in fact empty space behind the area I'm pushing into, then I just need to haul off and beat this thing's ass one last time with a deadblow hammer. I'm pretty confident in this stock's toughness after beating on it for a few hours with a regular and rubber mallet.

EDIT: the deadblow hammer got it along another millimeter, enough to line the pre-drilled holes up and fastened her in!! It's not flush, but it's def in there as far as it is going to go and from looking at other people's stocks and the spacing for the handguard, it seems it is in perfectly now. I took it shooting and love it, it is SO much better than the hunting stock which feels like holding onto a fuckin' broom handle compared to this. It is JUST big enough for my hands, which are large but not bear-paw thick.

Edited by IronRonin