Rail Sight

I'm wondering if people ever experience any problems with their rail sights. It seems a little, *cough* *cough*, cheap. That's okay though, as long as it works. I need this thing for some big game and big birds, or anyone in a yellow chicken outfit. It doesn't have to have pin point accuracy... just enough for deer or turkeys or something of that type. Am I going to have any problems with these?

All SAIGA's come with a sight rail. It is well attached and is not going to move. The SAIGA's have a thicker reciever than most AK's, everything about them is robust. But a decent mount and enjoy.

G O B

What do you mean by mount? I don't want a scope or anything of the like on my shotty... People get by with the sight rail, right. It's just deer hunting with a shotgun. I used to go with a little bb sight on the end of the barrel... this is at least a rifle sight. It should be fine, or do most people change theirs.

All SAIGA's come with a sight rail. It is well attached and is not going to move. The SAIGA's have a thicker reciever than most AK's, everything about them is robust. But a decent mount and enjoy.

G O B

Sight rail or raised rib? 2 of my Saiga-12's *don't* have the raised rib.

Tomac

Edit: Are you referring to the optics siderail on the side of the Saiga receiver?

Edited by Tomac

Hated the adjustable set up they put on them. It's on the Saiga I don't use much right now. If I decide to make that one more user friendly, then I'll likely try the front sight post and a ghost ring or a rear leaf.

YMMV. Mine just wouldn't adjust enough to sight it in.

I just took mine off tonight. I know you can adjust them, but I just didn't like looking down that sight. Will probably get a Kobra if I can't find a suitable replacement.

kmoore, where can we find the ghost ring sight? How is it installed?

Edited by whodat

My adj sight rib would not adjust enough. Others may not find this to be? I could get mine to be~ 6 inches low at 15 yards.

Ghost rings Go to Krebs for a custom job. Rusmilitary has factory stuff for less, but I'm thinking too many packages getting thru to slowly for me right now.

Topmaul bought a set from krebs. I've sholdered his Saiga, and I think they have great potential.

I'd want to time my use with them before I really endorse them.

The sight (rib sight rail) that came with mine seems simple enough... as long as it works. I don't care for it to be an AK sight, as long as it shoots where I aim; that's all that matters to me.

I was thinking of getting the front and rear sights for it... but I have no idea how to take off the rib rail or how to install the rear notch sight that rusmilitary carries. Plus, rusmilitary sells the tool for horizontal adjustment, and it's more than the cost of the front barrel sight. Seems a bit fishy to me... I'll try this one out, if it doesn't work I'll be pissed... I would think the factory would put a working sight on... it's not like I'm taking out enemy soldiers 1000m away... it's a hunting carbine (shotgun)... probably within 50 yards and usually closer.