new owner of saiga 12 with same old problem

ok I have the same problem , i see from here that most new owners have , and that is low brass jams . I have it set on the low brass setting ( #2 ) but what i think is the problem is i may have no gas ports at all . Not sure how hard they are to see . Should i be able to see them with a light down the barrel and or rigth there after the threads when i take the gas blind out . And if this is the problem (that i have no gas ports ) can a gun smith fix it or do i have to send it back to EAA

Can anyone help me with any of this

If your S12 is new it could possibly have 2,3,4 gas ports or the ports could be covered or partially covered by the gas chamber. I use a paperclip or small wire to check gas ports to make sure they are not blocked. The gas ports are drilled at an angle, use a flashlight to give you some extra light in gas chamber at gas port area

Either way, if its new I would contact RAAC about it. I had a 08 production S12 with 2 gas ports that failed to eject.

RAAC sent out a replacement S12 quickly.

Edited by FAST STRIKE

Cadiz Gun Works is now the Official Warranty Repair Center for RAAC. You should contact us directly via email cgwsales at gmail.com or the business line 740 942 3175.

We are currently working on getting this information out to the general public, both on RAAC's website, and are working on implementing a more visible solution on this web site as well. saiga-12.com site Administration is unavailable for me to speak to this afternoon, but I am working on getting something done with that, as well as drawing up all relevant information and such.

You may want to: Click here!

There are pics in the topic that will help you to understand the problem with the gas ports. I have talked to RAAC and they will get any issues resolved. Great people. CGW is repairing guns for RAAC as I understand.

Don't throw in the towel until you have fully examined your gun and/or fired 200-300 rounds.