I just got the host rifles in and couldn't be happier. These look like they were in a time machine and come with everything pictured and are dated 1943. The barrels are in new conditon with no issues and the bolts numbers match the receiver numbers. I have the bolt going out to a guy that will bend it and sweep it backward like the original to accomodate the scope. I purchased a WW II vintage scope mount and will drill and tap it when it gets here, (got it on ebay by the way). The last thing will be the scope but I'm gonna embrace modern technology and get a lighted military range finding scope. I'll post pics of the finished project when it's done. If anyone is interested on where to get these they were $69.99 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-4592-1233084735_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Looks alot like mine only you paid less and mine is a 1944.

Get the butt stock pad on this site as well. You can think you're a tuff guy all you want but when you start putting multiple rounds down range in a row your arm will thank me.

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

I just got the host rifles in and couldn't be happier. These look like they were in a time machine and come with everything pictured and are dated 1943. The barrels are in new conditon with no issues and the bolts numbers match the receiver numbers. I have the bolt going out to a guy that will bend it and sweep it backward like the original to accomodate the scope. I purchased a WW II vintage scope mount and will drill and tap it when it gets here, (got it on ebay by the way). The last thing will be the scope but I'm gonna embrace modern technology and get a lighted military range finding scope. I'll post pics of the finished project when it's done. If anyone is interested on where to get these they were $69.99 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want one where do you get them. it is tax time.

My WW II mount came today and is pristine and also weighs a ton. You don't get stuff like this too often. It is the less common of the two types of mounts as the most common is the side mount which requires removal of stock material and limits the scope to the the orginal or repro of the original due to the diameter of the tube which is 26.5 mm. This mount sits right in front of the ejection slot but is raised mount so you can still use the iron sights and spacers were readily available to accomodate a 1 inch diameter scope.

here is a pic of the mount and scope

post-4592-1233182121.jpg

post-4592-1233182137_thumb.jpg