Single Shot Saiga 12??

Was out at my brothers place yesterday having good time with the saiga 12. We were using federal 7-1/2 and all was fine for the first 50 or so rounds. I was using the surefire 12/13 rd mag with out a problem. I bump fired it using the factory 5 rd mag a few times as well. Anyhow, shortly after it would only fire one round at a time. The trigger would not reset. I would have to manually pull the charging handle back, eject a good round, and chamber the following round. It did this 4 or 5 times in a row. I took it apart but did not visually see anything that was out of whack. I did a quick functin test by holding the trigger down and pulling the bolt handle back and letting go. The trigger was clicking. I put it back together loaded up some mags and was fine from that point on...maybe another 20-30 rounds. I also bump fired it again without issue. Has anyone else enccountered this problem? I'd just like to know what caused it and/or what to look for. Thanks for the help.

Was out at my brothers place yesterday having good time with the saiga 12. We were using federal 7-1/2 and all was fine for the first 50 or so rounds. I was using the surefire 12/13 rd mag with out a problem. I bump fired it using the factory 5 rd mag a few times as well. Anyhow, shortly after it would only fire one round at a time. The trigger would not reset. I would have to manually pull the charging handle back, eject a good round, and chamber the following round. It did this 4 or 5 times in a row. I took it apart but did not visually see anything that was out of whack. I did a quick functin test by holding the trigger down and pulling the bolt handle back and letting go. The trigger was clicking. I put it back together loaded up some mags and was fine from that point on...maybe another 20-30 rounds. I also bump fired it again without issue. Has anyone else enccountered this problem? I'd just like to know what caused it and/or what to look for. Thanks for the help.

That sounds like a clogged up gas piston. Did you clean that out & try it again?

That sounds like a clogged up gas piston. Did you clean that out & try it again?

All I did was take evrything apart to see what the issue was. I put it back together without cleaning and it was fine after that. The only thing I noticed when it was dissassembled is that the trigger group and surrounding area was pretty dirty. It almost looked like there were tiny pieces of metal in there. Thanks

All I did was take evrything apart to see what the issue was. I put it back together without cleaning and it was fine after that. The only thing I noticed when it was dissassembled is that the trigger group and surrounding area was pretty dirty. It almost looked like there were tiny pieces of metal in there. Thanks

Well I guess if something was preventing the hammer from going down and setting that could make it FTE. I can't imagine that would be very kind on the bolt carrier or hammer though. The hammer is easily replaced, but the bolt carrier is not a substitutable part.

Mine had the problem with the trigger not reseting also...... I had to polish up a couple parts involved with the trigger reset.

Do this.....first make sure it is not loaded......... take the cover off and pull the trigger and hold it. while the trigger is held, cycle the bolt by hand. now when you release the trigger it should reset. if not, watch the trigger group parts closely....Mine would not reset but I could push the trigger forward to reset it. so I watched closely until I noticed the actuator at the back of the trigger group was sticking....I polished those little parts and now it functions good.

Edited by Flash!

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, I did that but did not pay too much attention to how the parts were reacting when cycling the bolt manually. I was mostly listening for the click. I need to get some pics up. There are some parts in there that seem very loose and somewhat out of place. Thanks again. I will look closely at that actuator.