Help with BHO Spring

Here's how i did mine :

I installed my safety first, then i put the BHO spring in the receiver with the short leg side of the spring facing back towards the butt stock....i then put the BHO in to the slot and use a ice pick to pull the short leg of the spring over the BHO tab..........now i push the loop of the spring down and stick a trigger pin through it from the right side of the receiver.....then go ahead and install your trigger & sear assy push the trigger pin through the left side and carefully put pressure on the trigger pin that is installed from the right side while at the same time pushing the trigger pin from the left side into its correct position..

The BHO is probably the toughest part to reassemble for me. I take a piece of dental floss and put it through the hole in the spring, then tie the ends together to make a loop. Then I feed the loop through the BHO slot so I can pull the spring down into position while pushing the trigger pin into place. When done, I cut the floss and pull one end.

The hardest part for me is getting the hammer pin in place while keeping the retaining wire up, the hammer lined up and the BHO in place.

Corbin

You guys rock!...the dental floss trick worked like charm, Thanks. But now when I pull back on the bolt and use the BHO it will sometimes go all the way into the receiver and locks the bolt open. It seems like there is to much play at the BHO and the hammer pin. Did I miss something or is this common and fixed with a washer to shim it?

Thanks for all your help.

Bob

Mine does that too. The spring came off of it once and wedged it into the locked position. It was a real bitch to get the thing apart again, let me tell you. I bent the shit out of that little spring arm to make sure that didn't happen again. Still, there's a lot of play in the thing and it makes me nervous. I'm sure it'll be fine as long as you don't fiddle with it too much but, if you find a solution please let us know, I'm sure you and I arent the only ones to have this problem.

I'M DONE!...Thanks to everyone for your insight and help. So it turns out that the new hammer had just a little less width on it and it would let the BHO twist to the side, thus allowing it to go up into the receiver, even after I bent the crap out of the BHO spring. I used a small washer inbetween the hammer and the BHO and now its rock solid. The hammer doesnt move left or right, is aligned dead balls center and the BHO works like a champ. If anyone is having the same issue I suggest the washer route, it worked great.