Knocking out those pins

So, I'm trying to take my Front Sight Block off of my x39 and from reading in the tech section it seems I need to punch the pins from left to right when looking at the FSB while holding the rifle. I've tried this and it doesn't seem to be working...

Also, do you know the pins off in the same direction for the gas tube block?

when i did mine i layed the rifle on the bench with the charging handle facing up. took a pair of channel lock and placed them under the fsb with 1 handle on each side of the pin. then used a drift punch and a 3pound hammer to drive out the pin. once u great it to break it goes pretty easy from there

I just knocked off the forward site block, the pins looked like it would be best from the left to the right. it worked out pretty good, bent the sulpplied punch tool and had to use a nail set to get the front pin loose, after that it was all good., little wd 40 or ,.. well I just used some penetrating oil to loosen it it up a little too,...

ok hold up. One of you guys is saying to got left to right and the other is saying to go right to left....

A buddy of mine told me left to right and in another thread I also read right to left. I've been trying right to left and just been FUBARing the FSB. Though, it seems that going left to right isn't doing any good either

Edited by Drusagas