MSA AK stock adapter input

Choice  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to be able to use IMI Galil folding stocks?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  2. 2. What direction of fold?

• Right by charging handle (Rifle)
    • Left side by optics mount (Shotgun)
    • I want it to be interchangeable.
    • Who cares I am tired of waiting on Ace to deliver.
  3. 3. I will use one of the following stocks with the adapter.

• Tromix, it kicks ass!
    • Ace, if they ever show up.
    • MSA if they ever get their heads out of their ass and show us something

MSA is about to start production on a AK/Saiga stock adapter....... (they will be done in a separate shop besides the three shops we are currently contracting for the AR adapters) and would like some input before I sign off on the final design Tuesday and give it a go for production. If you have a idea that is not shown above please feel free to express it. Thanks

Once again to reiterate we are not going to disrupt the AR adapter production for this stock adapter.

The below teaser pic is not a final representation of the adapter but merely a building basis to go from.

post-8730-1234824578_thumb.jpg

Would be nice to be able to use it with any of the three stocks listed above, and making them fold either direction. It might be an improvement to make it not depend on using the PG nut to secure it like the ace internal block. Maybe it could be secured with screws through the unused holes in the sides and bottom from the old FCG and bottom tang, along with the other screw through the top.

I don't know how this could be worked in, but maybe some kind of provision for mounting a rear peep site that does not depend on having a rear stock tang.?

Would be nice to be able to use it with any of the three stocks listed above, and making them fold either direction. It might be an improvement to make it not depend on using the PG nut to secure it like the ace internal block. Maybe it could be secured with screws through the unused holes in the sides and bottom from the old FCG and bottom tang, along with the other screw through the top.

I don't know how this could be worked in, but maybe some kind of provision for mounting a rear peep site that does not depend on having a rear stock tang.?

Already done................ It will work with all three but I was going to design a hinge mech that would be stock specific..... it was just an idea.

MSA is happy to announce a stock adapter that is designed to work with the Saiga platform. Today we secured another machine shop to help with production and will be dedicated solely to this project. Production starts at the end of next week.

The improvements allow the use of the Tromix DIY trigger guard with no modifications to the block. The lower profiles also allow you to insert the adapter without the need of trimming off any material off the block. In addition the old FCG holes can now be filled with readily available hole plugs or you can choose to rivet or screw in to further secure the block. This adapter will be backwards compatible with the ACE parts as well as. Thanks

One thing I did not put in is there will be sling attachment points on the block as well.

Well I've already given ya my input on it and it sounds like we are on the same page. I do like the concept of the L and Rt sling loops with a squared off shape. Be sure to make em big enough so we can fit the snap hook end or buckle of an AK sling through there.

> L or Rt folding is good. They both have their merits.

> Drilled and tapped for mounting common stocks on the market, and make yours the same, or have additional holes.

> Clearanced for the hole plugs & DIY TGs like we talked about.

> How will they be finished? Black anodized?

Got pictures?

Would this change LOP?

LOP?

Talk about a kick in the balls............. The whole head in the ass thing was a joke I was playing on my CAD guys........ and not one that they liked might I add.

Seriously we are doing everything we can to roll out as fast as we can. This adapter will be the building block from which we will base a S-12 specific folder. A couple of CAD designs are already finished and we are to sit and review pros and cons of each.

I will add the S-12 version...... block, stock and hinge will be an all in one part. It will cost more but on par with expense of buying the three separately.

LOP = length of pull

The adapter and hinge will add about .9" to the rear of the receiver, whis is about what you see with the ACE setup, so that plus what stock you choose will determine the overall LOP.

are you making this because ACE doesnt actually make anything to sell anymore?

No, I had the idea awhile back and because the AR adapter was keeping me busy from going into production.

It was originally a part of the S-12 folding stock project that was discussed awhile back in one of my product announcements from November. It was not until the beginning of February that I had the time to take it into production.

are you making this because ACE doesnt actually make anything to sell anymore?

No, I had the idea awhile back and because the AR adapter was keeping me busy from going into production.

It was originally a part of the S-12 folding stock project that was discussed awhile back in one of my product announcements from November. It was not until the beginning of February that I had the time to take it into production.

well its cool someone it making it since finding the ace one was like the hardest thing in the world.. lol